Re: [GENERAL] pg-dump problem

От Herouth Maoz
Тема Re: [GENERAL] pg-dump problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 17:51 +0300 on 19/8/98, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I believe this was fixed in the coming 6.4 beta, September 1.

Ah, I see... now, where did I put that time machine... :)

Well, I thought I'd do a pg_dump -S and append the normal pg_dump to it.
Thus, the schema will be created twice, and whatever failed in the first
pass will work in the second.

The problem with that is that pg_dump -S dumps the indices, so the indices
will be created before the data copy - which will cause a great slow-down
upon restoration.

> I also believe we now show the load as it is being loaded by default.
> You can use a psql option to get that in earlier releases.

Which option? I used -e, but it doesn't echo the actual data, only the
queries themselves, so I had to guess that the line causing the display of
all slash commands was the "\." at the end of a copy operation.

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.
http://telem.openu.ac.il/~herutma

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] pg-dump problem
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] pg-dump problem